Take two photos, add a little paper folding, and your photos will take on a new dimension.
I've always wanted to build my own multiple image prints using lenticular overlays, so when I saw this post on "do-it-yourself lenticular prints" I finally had a good reason to go ahead and write this software. If I eventually find a good cheap source for the lenticular overlays I'll be all set. :-)
A DoublePhoto can be a unique addition to a scrapbook page. Read more here.
How to use
- Install and run the program.
- You'll need two images. Drag them into the "Left Photo" and "Right Photo" boxes.
- Select a print size that matches the paper you'll be printing on (or the size of the print you'll order online).
- Select a width for the strips - smaller strips produce a smoother transition effect as you view the image but they also mean more folding. As you select a print size the program will default to strips around 10% of the image width.
- Click Save to create the image.
- Upload the saved image to your favorite online printing service or send it to your printer (right-click and choose "Print").
- Fold the print like an accordion where the strips meet.
That's it! Here's an example of what it'll look like when it's all done.